Announcing Android Subscriptions
Try our monthly or annual subscription to access new features like the calendar and get more out of your daily journaling app.
We launched Happyfeed for Android almost exactly 3 years ago to this day. It’s always been completely free and had most of the features users love from our iOS app too. The big thing missing was Plus subscriptions, and more importantly, the features that come along with Plus.
Today, I’m excited to announce that Plus subscriptions are now available on Android! It’s a huge step toward ensuring that our Android app has feature parity with the original iOS app. With a small team, this is not easy to do considering that iOS had a 5-year head start!
Thanks to everyone who has nudged us to do this over the past couple of years, and I’m sorry that it took so much longer than expected!
So what comes with a Plus subscription? Most importantly, Plus features are meant to let you get more out of your journal. More posts each day and more control over your past memories.
- 🗓 The Happy Calender - Probably the best part of Plus, the Calendar allows you to see an overview of all your past months. Days on the month show sample photos and there’s a map at the bottom to show where you’ve been. Tap on a day to see all your memories or even add new ones.
- ✨ Add moments to ANY day - Most noticeable in the Calendar, there’s a new ✍️ button in the bottom left corner of the screen to add new moments to past days. We’re planning to update this soon to let you go back many years and fill in your past.
- 🔟 10 Posts Per Day - After completing your day, go ahead and enter a few more moments. You’ll be able to save up to 10 for those extra special days 😊
- 🖨 PDF or CSV Exporting - Navigate to the Profile tab and select Settings to see your journaling exporting options. Either download your entries as a PDF with photos inline or as a csv and separate photos in a .zip file. It’s a great way to make sure you have them forever.
- ⏳ Go back 4 days - Ever wish you could go back more than 2 days on the uploading screen? With Plus, you can go back up to 4 days so you don’t need to stress about breaking your streak.
To learn more about Plus subscriptions, please visit our detailed FAQ.
How to Try It Out
All new subscriptions come with a 7 day free trial, whether you are signing up for the monthly plan or yearly plan. You can check out the calendar, try exporting your journal, and enter a few extra moments all before canceling your subscription. (Though we’d love it if you stuck around.)
You can start a subscription by navigating to the bottom right Profile tab in the Happyfeed app. From there, you’ll see a purple “Plus Subscription” button that opens a page to explain the features and allow you to sign up.
What’s Coming Next?
Android subscriptions are still missing a few of the features that iOS subscribers can enjoy. We tried to build out the top features first and will work to add in others based on demand and complexity. This includes (in rough order):
- Multiple photos per post
- Offline mode
- Moment Search
As you’ve probably noticed, we love experimenting with new features. We’re constantly balancing when to try something new and when to just build the things that we know will work (like Plus subscriptions). Two of the more exciting features we’ve been testing are direct following and commenting in Pods. Some Plus features may be briefly delayed to ensure that we can make sure that both Android and iOS users can enjoy these new social experiments 👩🔬