Happyfeed is finally available in Dark Mode for iOS! Now your journal will automatically follow your device’s appearance settings to toggle between traditional light and dark content. We’re excited to make the app even more calming and easy to use.
In most cases, choosing Dark Mode comes down to personal preference. However, there are some benefits that are generally true and can help you decide if it’s worth trying out.
Benefits of Dark Mode
- Easier to read text in dim lighting
- Less blue light can prevent disruptions to your sleep cycle
- Lower battery usage by decreasing brightness
- Less disruptive to others in a dark environment
- It also just looks wonderful 🌚
How to Journal in Dark Mode
Dark mode is enabled by default if you have the Happyfeed iOS version v3.10.0 or newer. Whenever your device switches into Dark Mode for the evening, Happyfeed will automatically switch out the white for blacks and shift into a darker color palette. You can choose to override your device settings to put Happyfeed in always-light or always-dark mode as well. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the Profile tab in Happyfeed (far right option)
- Open your settings by selecting User Settings & Exports
- Select the Display option to view Dark Mode settings
- Use the toggles to turn Dark Mode on or off. Use device setting will automatically follow the appearance settings from your device (In Settings -> Display & Brightness)
Dark Mode for Calmer Nights
The benefits of Dark Mode make it worth adding to any application, and this is especially true for Happyfeed. Most people prefer to write in their gratitude journal in the evenings, sometimes just before falling asleep and often even in bed. Sleep research suggests that decreasing your exposure to bright light in the evenings can help you fall asleep more easily. Staring at a bright white screen on your phone can’t be good if you’re especially concerned about getting a full night of rest!
Happyfeed is designed to help you cultivate feelings of joy and ultimately feel less stressed and more optimistic about life. Getting a good night of sleep can be the difference between feeling amazing or feeling terrible the following day. If a dark device screen can help you sleep even just the tiniest bit better, than it is worth it!
Accessible Journaling for Everyone
The core idea behind Happyfeed is to create a simple gratitude journal that anyone can enjoy. Dark Mode isn’t everyone’s preference, but those who like it often love it. If that’s the case, I hope you love this update. 😉
If you have any ideas on how we can improve our accessibility even more, please send us a message as email@example.com